Merit’s Real Estate Group is the largest specialty unit in our organization. Our experts will take the time to learn what is important to your organization; we will then design an innovative risk management program specific to your needs and risk appetite. We utilize industry leading programs, a variety of specialty markets and world class carriers to ensure you are receiving the most comprehensive coverage solution at the lowest cost. The three senior members of our team have over 90 years of experience designing programs for the following types of commercial real estate:
- Multi Family/Habitational
- Retail – including mixed use properties
- Commercial Office – both low rise & high rise
- Independent Living & Nursing Home Facilities
- Condominium/HOA Associations
Since we opened our doors in 1997, habitational insurance has been at our core. We are proud to say that we write a lot of apartments. We have great relationships with the key habitational specialty programs and have multiple options for deductible buydowns. The multifamily market has been very difficult the last 3 to 4 years, but we have consistently delivered best in class coverages and pricing to our clients.
The Property Manager faces many of the same risks that are encountered by the Property Owner. The big difference is they are not actually the owner of the property. The fact that the Property Manager does not actually own the property does not mean they will not be pulled into future litigation. In today’s litigious world, it is hard to completely transfer all risk. Merit works closely with our Property Managers to make sure they have transferred potential risks to other third parties through contractual review, hold harmless agreements and being named as an additional named insured on third party policies. We strongly recommend the purchase of Property Managers Professional Liability.
The real estate industry has many unique risk factors. We include below some industry specific coverages and services that need to be considered.
- Full Replacement Cost Coverage
- Loss of Rental Income w/Extra Expense
- General Liability Silent on Assault and Battery
- Deductible Buydowns
- Property Managers Professional Liability
- Pollution Liability
- Drone Coverage
- Ordinance of Law Coverage
- Flood & Earthquake
- Builders Risk
- Budget Estimates and Premium Allocations
- Assistance with Property Valuations
- Claims Advocacy & Management
For a full listing of Commercial Property & Casualty Coverages, please click here:
Merit takes protecting your assets very seriously. Our experts use the “Full Service Commitment” process as a tool for analyzing and managing your account.
- Risk Identification & Evaluation
- Risk Retention Analysis
- Risk Financing Alternative Evaluation
- Audit of Insurance Coverage
- Determination of Service Requirements
- Marketing to Carriers/Vendors
- Implementation of Specific Services
- Coordination & Monitoring Serv
- Annual Account Review
- Annual Service Planning
In today’s fast-paced business environment, companies need a broker that not only markets the placement of insurance, but also assists with key analysis such as exposure evaluation, loss projections and risk transfer versus risk financing. Clients may need help managing open claims, processing claims information and coordinating loss prevention. Through our in-house services and third-party partners, we offer a multitude of risk management services. For a full listing please click below:
We know apartments!
- Multiple Location/Multiple State
- All Risk Property coverage with reasonable deductibles on Class A, B and C properties
- Full Replacement Cost Coverage without deduction for depreciation
- No Coinsurance of Coinsurance with Agreed Amount
- Loss of Rental Income with Extra Expense
- Deductible Buy Downs
- Equipment Breakdown
- Comprehensive General Liability
- Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Worker’s Compensation or Texas Non-Subscriber Program
Don't wait to start saving
on your insurance.
Insurance for everything right here
Why should you choose
Merit is committed to providing our clients with creative, effective, and affordable risk management solutions. Our industry experts deliver customized coverage options tailored to the needs of your business.